Connecting so many dots these days

I juggle them, carnival-style


--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------


Gonna bounce my bestest

Indellible dots

'Round right here

In permanent ink


----------------------------

----------------------------

For me

For you

For them

To catch

And to keep right on

Connecting.............

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------


Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Long Drive! (a long awaited, long blog)

I drove. And drove. And drove. And they slept. New rule: Always ration caffeine in order to drive long distances THROUGH THE NIGHT when transporting young children!! Was I tired the next day? Yes. Was it worth it? HELL YESS! Can you say "Two short stops on a 500 mile drive?"
Our visit downstate was awesome!! We stayed 6 days, mostly just visiting with my wonderfully nutty family. We also had a tasty lunch with my fun-fun friend, jojo & her 2 beautiful kiddos. Never mind that my toddler was cranky & tried to destroy one of jojo's newly painted toesies with a toy garbage truck. So sorry, jojo's toe-toe!
My parents were oh so accommodating, as usual! Judy sent us home with oodles of frozen Raether sweet corn & zucchini bread. She also managed to send our entire packed wardrobe home CLEAN!! Rod helped Miles drive one of the excavators.... now a constant new topic of toddler discussion. Grampa Rod also charmed little Miss Maizy & even put her to sleep on one occasion! Go, go, Daddio!
My Nieces did a fabulous job playing with the kids to allow me some extra free time. I met my newest nephews, Jack & Brody: Mr. Relaxation & Mr. Excitement! Miles had some rough & tumble fun with his nearest-in-age cousin, Sam. They played in the dirt while mommy Karabou & I talked face-to-face for once!
My brother's family entertained for Labor Day with tasty food & good company. They then had a sweet little campfire after dark in their ginormous gazebo. Seriously, you should see the size of this outdoor hang-out! I got a chance to gazebo-it-up a bit after the kids were in bed.
All in all, though way too short, this might be the coolest trip I've yet to make! I didn't take many pics, but Judy captured some of the highlights. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment