Connecting so many dots these days

I juggle them, carnival-style


--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------


Gonna bounce my bestest

Indellible dots

'Round right here

In permanent ink


----------------------------

----------------------------

For me

For you

For them

To catch

And to keep right on

Connecting.............

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------


Friday, October 23, 2009

Farm Fun For Fall


The Somero family lives only a couple of miles from our home. I stopped by on the weekend of Maizy's B-day to ask about their hours in order to plan some pumpkin pickin. I told Mr. Somero that I'd love to bring my kiddos that weekend, but weather and birthday plans would make it unlikely. He peeled the price tags off a cute little painted pumpkin that said "Happy Birthday," and another plain one of the same size. One for the birthday girl and one for her big brother. Pumpkin farmers are cool. We finally found the perfect pumpkin pickin evening. The wagons were a HUGE hit. Candy was a very close second! Another failed attempt at a family foto. Miles had a true 2-year-old meltdown moment. It required full attention from both Mom & Dad to prevent smashing-pumpkin-type behavior. Maizy, meanwhile, appears to be flipping off the camaraman, some poor stranger roped into capturing this precious moment! Wagon. Candy. Checkin out a couple of the chosen pumpkins. After only a few wrong turns, we found the "bridge" on the far side of the maze. Miles was thrilled to climb stairs and ring the big bell on the platform
The descent. Time to find our way back to the wagons!
The hood is long and pointed with a big ball at the end. I love it. Maizy does not.
Haulin the biggest pick to the car.

Hoping the wagon will come home with us.

I have a childhood pic of Sean with an IDENTICAL expression. I sometimes forget how much alike they really look!


Maizy still grabs & tastes anything within reach. Miles is determined to do EVERYTHING himself..... the more impossible, the more important to him.
Next fall adventure: Pumpkin carving?!

No comments:

Post a Comment