Connecting so many dots these days

I juggle them, carnival-style


--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------


Gonna bounce my bestest

Indellible dots

'Round right here

In permanent ink


----------------------------

----------------------------

For me

For you

For them

To catch

And to keep right on

Connecting.............

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------


Friday, June 5, 2009

She Who Cleans

My children remind me every day that simple things bring joy to life. I encountered some unimportant yet momentous images tonight while tidying the house at the end of a long work week. I call this piece “Finger Finding.” You see, I work this puzzle often, almost always ending up with a missing digit. Funny, though, the AWOL appendage seems to change nightly. On this rare occasion, it is all fingered out. So sorry about that one. I'm a geek.

Hot Wheels race, commute, cruise and crash throughout our home on a daily basis. On this night, I'd picked up the entire house and noticed the nighttime parking lot was still missing a few vehicles. Just after deciding to plan an "under the couch" search for tomorrow, I came across a caravan driving along the fence surrounding our wood stove. I don't know why this dumb little discovery made me smile. Maybe it was the last living piece of play from the day, defiantly hiding from "She Who Cleans." Or maybe, more likely, I'm a geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment